Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Tilting at windmills...


I almost called this blog something else, but then thought better of it.  Not that this is important in any way shape or form to the remainder of the content of this blog, but I guess I've brought it up to try to illustrate a point.

I sat through a class today that didn't appeal to me, however I tried to participate in a meaningful way.  You may know what I'm talking about: the kind of class that has lots of truth to it, but then there's that 1-15 percent that is seemingly totally foreign to any conceptions of the truth with which you may be familiar.

When faced with that "Am I the only one here who realizes how wack this stuff is?" feeling, what do you do?  I feel as though I'm being attacked by people calling themselves the knights of truth, thinking that they look dashing in their suits of armor upon grand steeds, when all I see is the guy with the disused lance, old shield, and skinny horse.

In any case, I have resolved to make the best of things and esteem what I can from the class.  Not that I write the other part off completely; maybe it will make sense later in my life when I have more time to wax philosophical, having been freed from the "confining mores and judgemental perceptions" of my current paradigm.  (What can I say, I've read a lot of pscho-rational-double-babble-speak...)

Please pray for me...and for peace...and for justice...and for service...

No comments: